Most men look to exude their masculinity and personality. People mostly judge a person by his appearance, which involves not only the way he dresses but his hairstyle and facial hair.
We live in a modern age where popular fashion trends mostly influence how a person wants to look. In the last decade or so, the trend of keeping a slight beard or stubble has been seen quite common all over the world. Many famous movie celebrities and sports stars are seen keeping a beard.
However, experts still suggest that to give a more professional and saver look, a man needs to shave his facial hair. For most men, shaving may not be the ideal task as there is always the risk of getting a cut or bruise on the face. The facial skin also becomes quite hard due to regular shaves.
If you are working in a corporate workspace, you will be required to look neat and clean every day. You also need to look dapper and neat during certain occasions, such as you’re wedding or any other formal event.
Why You need to Apply Aftershave Balm
You not only need a high-quality razor and shaving foam but an efficient aftershave balm as well. Your shaving routine will be incomplete without applying the best natural aftershave balm.
If you shave most days of the week but not like how the process makes your skin feel, you need to use the best natural aftershave balm. The modern aftershave balms contain many natural ingredients that help to
- Reduce itching and inflammation of the skin
- Prevent skin damage and ingrown hairs
- Close the skin pores and prevent bacteria or dirt from affecting the skin
- Heal the skin quickly after cuts and bruises
- Smooth the skin
- Improve hair regrowth
- Place a protective layer on the skin
Traditionally, the aftershaves that men used to apply to the face came in liquid form and contained alcohol that effectively removed germs but left a stinging sensation. With time and the discovery of various natural and organic ingredients, the way aftershave was made changed.
The Natural Ingredients to look for in an Aftershave Balm
Today you find many aftershave balms, lotions, and moisturizers containing natural oil and organic compounds that help keep the skin soft and smooth. The common ingredients that you find in aftershave balm include
- Essential oils such as lavender oil for a soothing effect and pleasant fragrance
- Vitamin E for ensuring healthy and smooth skin
- Shea butter, which is vital for moisturizing
- Chamomile for giving soothing sensation to the skin
- Aloe Vera which is known to moisturize and smooth the skin
- Natural scents which include oatmeal, green tea, anise, and cedarwood
- Witch hazel which is the best alternative to alcohol
- Natural oils such as coconut and jojoba
The ingredients such as Shea butter, Vitamin E Oil, and Aloe Vera are natural and work with nearly all skin types. You can even use aftershave balm for a regular skin routine. Some of the steps you need to follow for using aftershave balm are
- Perform your regular shaving routine
- Rinse the face with cold water
- Pat dry the face with the towel
- Put a small amount of aftershave balm in your hand
- Rub the balm on both of your hands to spread it evenly
- Then rub the hands-on your face
The Importance of using Natural Aftershave Balm
For many office-going men, shaving is a daily chore. The quality of the shave also depends on the type of shaving cream and razor you use. The risk of hard skin and razor burn was common with conventional razors, but modern ones ensure a smooth shave with fewer cuts and bruises.
After shaving your face, the skin becomes dry, and you need to moisturize and cool it down immediately. The main purpose of aftershave balm is to soothe the skin after shaving, which is not possible with liquid aftershave that contains alcohol.
The aftershave balm is thick and creamy and contains all the right ingredients to ensure the softness and smoothness of the skin. You should buy aftershave balm that is less greasy and has the right pH balance, so it does not affect the natural look of the facial skin.
Vitamin E oil is known to effectively hydrate the skin and reduce any inflammation or stinging sensation after you shave your face. Aloe Vera is another amazing natural ingredient known to be a repairer, healer, and soother of the skin. The white tea leaf extract strengthens the skin and also provides UV (Ultraviolet) protection.
The second name of an aftershave balm is ‘moisturizer’ because it instantly softens the skin when applied. Razor burn can happen while shaving and one of the most irritating things. The skincare brands develop aftershave balms that can close the skin pores, heal any cuts, and smooth the skin.
Some skin care brands advertise ‘best aftershave for men’, which has many times more of a marketing gimmick than anything else. Finding the right aftershave for your facial skin can be tricky as not all aftershave balm may not be suitable for your skin type. Some of the signs you need to see to know about what type of skin you have are
- Dry skin appears rough, cracked, dull, and prone to wrinkles and peeling. A moisturizing aftershave balm will be best suited for dry skin
- Oily skin appears to be shiny, mostly on the forehead, nose, and chin area. It’s common to have large pores and acne.
- Sensitive skin will itch and sting when you use different shaving and skin care products
- Normal skin appears to be smooth, clear, and with an even texture. You will not find any blemishes or spots in normal skin, and you can use any aftershave balm you want to
The best thing to do is research your skin type and the ingredients of the potential aftershave you want to buy and use.
Conclusion Shaving is not the most exciting chore you have to perform, but you can make it easy by using the right skincare products. An aftershave balm is best to soothe the skin, reduce inflammation, minimize irritation, and moisturize the skin after shaving.