CCNP or Cisco Certified Networking Professional exam is a professional level examination for the networking domain.
This is the next level examination after the CCNA, which is Cisco certified network associate. In CCNP, you will have to acquire in-depth knowledge, logic, and skills about the topics you already covered in CCNA.
CCNP certification course acts as the validation for your knowledge, talent, and skills as industry-leading networking professionals. Many big IT companies that need networking professionals have set a benchmark for the aspirants to have this certification for trust and value in their skills.
Having a CCNP certification is not like having a piece of cake, but it’s not impossible either.
There are eight different domains of Cisco where you can earn your Cisco certification. These domains are collaboration, security, wireless, switching, cloud, service provider, data center, and design. Each of these domains is entirely different and challenging to clear unless you take proper CCNP training.
Here are a few tips that can help you to clear CCNP certifications without much hassle.
So, check them out.
1. Know The Complete Concepts of Your CCNA
As you know, CCNA is a crucial prerequisite for attempting CCNP. So, CCNP is nothing but the in-depth knowledge and revised version of what you’ve learned in CCNA. This basic foundation knowledge of CCNA with meticulous precision will act as a beneficial tip for your CCNP exams. If you’re not clear with your CCNA concepts, you will not be able to clear your Cisco certification.
2. Choose Your Examination Wisely
If you want to earn Cisco CCNP certification in routing and switching, you will have to pass three examinations in order. These exams are:
- 300-101 ROUTE For Implementing Cisco IP Routing
- 300-115 SWITCH For Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks
- 300-135 TSHOOT For Maintaining And Troubleshooting Cisco IP Networks.
Cisco gives students the advantage of choosing the order of examinations on their own while keeping the TSHOOT for the last one.
So, you have to choose your exams wisely by keeping your strong points in mind. You must opt for the CCNP Collaboration Certification. It is a job-centric certification program and training is done and helps you to clear the first exam, boost your morale and bring the zest to clear the next exam.
If you are not aware of this certification. Then first you must know the importance of CCNP Collaboration Certification.
3. Hands-On Experience In Networking
If you have passed your CCNA, then you must know the importance of practical experience in Cisco examinations. Cisco highly recommends carrying hands-on experience in networking for about one to three years before attempting the CCNP examinations. Why so? This is because you will have hands-on expertise in the Cisco CCNP devices.
You can gather these experiences by working on training labs from any networking training institute for Cisco courses and Cisco devices. You can excel in the concepts of CCNP only after practicing a lot in the lab for a year or two. The higher the experience and practice, the more confident you’ll be for the exam.
4. Utilize Additional Resources
The best tip for books to clear your Cisco exams is Cisco press books. However, you must not rely on books only as you will have to keep your eyes on several other factors.
- You can add yourself to Google forums to get answers to your queries.
- Moreover, you can follow the Cisco blogs to stay connected with the latest happenings and updates in your CCNP course and exam pattern.
- Also, look for the books and publications of CCIE authors and their videos too.
- You can never forget the power of the internet as it has the solution to almost every problem now.
- Keep interacting with people with the same domain or aspirations as you.
5. Pursue CCNP Course From Certified Trainers
The best solution and tip for your CCNP examination preparation is learning from Cisco-certified trainers.
- You can enroll yourself in any CCNP course from an e-learning website to learn from certified professional trainers’ personal experience and knowledge.
- You won’t have to worry much about the CCNP certification cost as they are quite reasonable nowadays.
- Pursuing CCNP courses from certified trainers will help you set your schedule and learn concepts one by one.
- Also, you won’t have to depend on anyone to clear your queries as you will pay for that privilege.
So, now that you have all the tips and tricks, getting through the examination would be easier.