Follow this Post if you want seriously use of canon com/ijsetup to setup and install Canon printer on your device.
Today we talk about the printer brand, Canon com/ijsetup that our post, before browsing the stepwise procedure for Canon com/ijsetup and install the Canon printer, let’s first get familiar with the prerequisites to see upon before the procedure.
Canon Printer Hardware Setup
- For Canon printer setup, the first step is to complete the hardware setup.
- Unpack the printer and start the https://ij.start.canon setting.
- Remove all tape and packing materials from the printer, and then place the printer on a flat and stable place.
- In addition, you need to make sure that the printer must be within the signal range of the router. Next, you need to load paper into the paper tray.
- At the same time, you need to install ink cartridges in the printer.
- Then, connect the power cord to the printer and the power outlet.
- Now, press the power button on the top of the printer to turn on the printer.
How to Download ij.start.cannon Setup File?
- First and foremost, you have to access a web browser on your system. For this, you can access any of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
- Further, visit the setup web page of Canon printers. For this, you have to enter the “canon.com/ijsetup” in the address bar.
- Then, hit the “Set Up” tab to proceed further with the ij.startcannon setup process.
- After that, Canon will ask you to enter the product name of your inkjet printer in the required field. Carefully enters the product name and tap the “Go” button.
- In the next window, you first have to change the operating system. In order to change, click the operating system tab from the upper-right corner and make a selection from the drop-down menu.
- Once you are done, a list of Canon printer drivers as per your product will appear. Here, you have to select the printer driver and click the “Download” link provided beside the product.
- By doing so, your selected printer driver will start downloading on your system. You have to wait until the process gets successfully completed.
- After the successful completion of the download process, you will get the ij.start cannon file in its default location i.e. Downloads folder.
Check here Ij.start cannon Installation Procedure
- First, you need to open the download folder on your computing device.
- Then find your installation file ij.start cannon and double-click it.
- In addition, a user account control pop-up box will appear on your screen, asking you to allow the ij.start cannon application to make the necessary changes to your system.
- Click the “Yes” tab in the pop-up box to allow the application.
- Now, the welcome window of the installation wizard will appear on your screen.
- Here, you need to press the “Next” tab. In addition, you can also change the language of the program by clicking the “Language” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, Mac users need to enter the Mac administrator login credentials to confirm the installation process, carefully enter the user name and password in the blank fields, and then click the “Installation Help” option.
- In the next window, you need to select the method to connect the Canon printer to the system. You must choose from the given connection methods.
Wired LAN Connection – This method requires you to connect your printer and computer with the same wireless network.
USB Connection – On selecting this method, you have to connect your printer and system using the USB cable that comes with the printer.
- Once you are done with selecting and establishing the connection, your system will start looking for your printer. Then, select your printer and click the “Next” tab to move further.
- Thereafter, Canon will ask you to select the place of your residence. Carefully make the selection and press “Next”.
- Further, you will get a Software Selection window on your screen. You have to select the desired printer driver software that you want to install. For selection, tick mark the checkbox provided beside the driver software and press the “Next” tab.
- Afterwards, you have to carefully read the License Agreement. Once you are done with reading, you have to agree with the terms and conditions you are going to bind with. For acceptance, click the “Yes” tab.
- Then, press the “Next” button in order to allow the installation wizard processes.
- Now, the selected software will start installing. This might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, wait patiently. You can also check the status of the installation process with the help of the progress bar.
- After the successful completion of the installation process, the setup wizard will automatically detect your printer. You must make sure that your printer is properly connected with your system. If not, then you will get a window asking you to establish the connection.
- Further, the Print Head Alignment screen will display. You can perform the Print Head Alignment by clicking the “Execute” tab and further following the on-screen instructions. However, you can simply move further without performing it by clicking the “Next” option.
- Then, the setup completion message screen will appear. In this window, you have to hit the “Next” tab to proceed further with the ij.start cannon process.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to register your Canon printer. For registration, you have to press the “Next” tab. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
- On the other hand, you can also conclude the ij.start cannon process without registration. For this, simply click the “Close” icon and come out from the installation wizard.
Printer Configuration for canon.com/ijsetup
LAN Setup with SSID
- The wireless settings on canon com/ijsetup are highly dependent on your router and printer infrastructure.
- However, the following method can be used with most Canon printers.
- Therefore, start the process by opening the “Network Access Point” or “Router”.
- At the same time, make sure it is working properly.
- In addition, please make sure that your computer is also connected to the same “network”.
- In addition, please make sure your printer is turned on. You should check your power light. It must be illuminated and kept stable.
- Now start the canon com/ijsetup process by accessing the “operation panel” of the printer.
- Your display should show your “Home” window. But if this is not the case. Then check the “Power Saving” button with the “Sleep Mode” icon. just in case.
- Then press this button to “wake up” the printer.
- Then press the “Start” button. After that, browse the “Display Panel” to find the “Menu” tab.
- Then click on it and open the “Menu” window.
- Next, you must touch the “Preferences” tab to expand it.
- After that, click “Red”. “Login” is required in the next window.
- Therefore, please provide the printer’s “System Administrator Login ID and PIN/Password”.
- Then, click the “Login” tab. After that, click on the “Wireless LAN Settings” option to continue to visit canon com/ijsetup.
- Then click “Yes” to enable wireless LAN.
- Then read the message that provides detailed information about the wireless LAN options.
- Then click “OK”. Now, select “SSID Settings” by clicking on it.
- In other words, what you choose is the “Wireless LAN Settings” that uses the SSID, which is the name of the wireless network.
- Next, you need to click “Select Access Point” to choose the most convenient canon com/ijsetup method.
- In other words, your Canon printer will automatically locate and connect to your network.
- At this point, the printer will start searching for available networks to connect to.
- Therefore, you will get a list of all available networks (routers) in range.
- So please choose your “SSID” or “Network/Router Name”. Then click “Next”.
- After that, it will ask you to confirm your choice. Therefore, click “OK”.
- Then write down your “network password” very carefully.
- To do this, use the “up” arrow key to switch between “uppercase” and “lowercase”.
- In addition, use the “symbol” key to enter the “number” and “symbol”.
- Finally, click “Apply”. In the next message window, click “Yes” after reading the same content.
- Therefore, Canon ij settings will connect Canon printers to your network. However, this may take time.
- Therefore, please wait for the process to complete. On the next “Connected” message screen, click “Close” to exit.
- Then canon com/ijsetup will automatically set the IP address and other details on your Canon printer. Therefore, please wait a few more minutes.
WPS Push Button Setup
- First and foremost, turn on your Canon Printer and Router for canon com/ijsetup.
- After that, locate the Printer’s Wifi button. You may find it at the top of the printer. Now, press and hold the button until its Alarm Lamp flashes once.
- As the blue lamp beside this button starts flashing, go to your Network Access Point i.e. your Router. Then, press its WPS button within 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the Printer’s (blue) Wi-Fi lamp will continue to flash as it searches the Network. Thereafter, both the Power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash when connecting to the Router. Once the connection is established successfully between the printer and router. Then, the power and WiFi lamp will be lit and stable.
- Subsequently, you must confirm that the Printer is connected to the correct Network by printing the Network Settings Page. For this, correctly load your Printer’s Paper Tray with A4 sized plain paper. Then, Press and Hold the Resume/ Cancel button till its Alarm Lamp slashes for 15 times. After that, Release this button. As a result, the Canon Printer will print its Network Settings Page. Hence, ensure that the details are correct. Its “Connection” status must show “Active”. Besides, the SSID (Service Set Identifier) must display your network’s name correctly.
- In order to begin the canon.com/ijsetup process, turn on your Canon Printer and Router.
- Now, locate your Printer’s LAN Port at the left-hand backside and remove its Cap. Then, plug in one end of the Ethernet Cable to this port carefully.
- After that, plug in the other end of this Ethernet Cable to the LAN Port of your Router.
- Next, you should access the Printer’s “Display Panel”. Then, select the “Home” icon to open its “Home” menu window.
- Thereafter, select the “Wireless and Network” icon located at the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Subsequently, select “LAN settings” followed by “Wired LAN” for canon.com/ijsetup.
- Then, select “Wired LAN active/inactive” followed by “Active”.
- This will complete the Wired LAN Setup. In order to confirm it, select the “Home” icon to return back to the main window. Here, you will get the “Network” icon at the bottom left-hand corner.
I Hope above the mention all information for Canon IJ Setup Will be useful for your device windows and mac