Can Outlook open NSF file? Do you have the same query? If yes, then read this article and know how to convert NSF to PST in simple steps. Also, get an answer to your query i.e. can Outlook open NSF file or not.
A lot of users have a common query nowadays i.e. can Outlook open NSF file? The answer to this question is Yes. Then, the next question comes to their mind is that how to export NSF to PST?. Those users who don’t have much technical expertise, they have to face certain problems while switching their email client to Microsoft Outlook. So, to make the conversion process easier, we have resolved the query of the users i.e. can Outlook open NSF file? If yes, then how?
User Query – “I recently changed my job and here we use Microsoft Outlook for email communication. In my previous job, we were using Lotus Notes. Now, I want to access my old mailbox data as it had some important emails and contacts. But, I have one doubt that can Outlook open NSF file? If yes, then can someone please suggest me the migration process?”
Microsoft Outlook stores all the mailbox items in Personal Storage Table i.e. PST file. The PST files can only be accessed in Outlook as it is the proprietary file format. So, if you want to open NSF file in Outlook, then you first have to export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST format and then the mailbox data can be accessed. The entire migration process consists of a two-step process. We will explain the method step by step in the following segment.
How to Convert NSF File to PST Manually?
Important Note: Before implementing these steps, it is advised to take backup of mailbox data as no manual method is 100% reliable and safe.
As this manual method is a two-step process, the first step includes the process to export Lotus Notes file.
- Launch IBM Notes email application and open the NSF file which you want to transfer.
- Click on the File tab and then select Export option.
- Here, enter the name of the file and specify the storage location where you want to save the file.
- In the Save as Type field, select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text option.
- The dialog box will appear depending on the selected file format.
- Do the selections as per your requirement and after that click on OK button.
After you complete exporting the NSF file, the next step is to import that file into MS Outlook. The next step will resolve the query of the users i.e. can Outlook open NSF file.
The second step of the migration process includes the method to import the exported NSF file in Outlook.
- Run Microsoft Outlook and click on File tab.
- Click on Open and then choose Import option.
- The Import and Export Wizard window will appear.
- Select Import from another program or file option from the list and click Next button.
- Now, from Import a file window, select CSV (Windows) and then press Next.
- Click on Browse option to select the file which you want to import.
- Here, some options will appear such as “Replace duplicates with items imported”, “Allow duplicates to be created” or “Do not import duplicate items”. Select the desired option and press Next.
- Select the destination location where you want to save the imported data.
- Finally, click on Finish button once the process completes.
The above-mentioned method may consume some time depending on the size of mailbox data. Also, there are chances of data loss or data corruption as well as there is no manual method which is secure or reliable. So, the users who have a question like can MS Outlook open NSF files can try a third-party application. This software will make the transfer process really simple and efficient.
As many users are having queries such as can Outlook open NSF file. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with a solution to solve the issue. In this article, we have explained the solution to convert NSF to PST file format.