Coorg, located in the southern state of Karnataka is also referred to as ‘Kashmir of the South’. It offers tourists with myriads of activities for all ages, ranging from nature exploration to adventure trips, to rejuvenating and relaxing. It also boasts of having a wide landscape and possesses all essential elements to provide couples and families alike a memorable vacation. Book coorg homestay for a comfortable stay.
Fun things to indulge in Coorg
- Abbey Falls: If you are eager to explore Coorg’s exquisite beauty, then you should visit Abbey Falls. It is also a wonderful picnic spot for both tourists and locals alike. As you move towards the fall, the steep tread downwards is what increases exponentially the overall charm of this place. The experience you will have at the waterfall is something that cannot be merely expressed in words. This fall is located at Hoskeri. You can book a cab or a car to reach there.
- Camping: Coorg is the place to be if you love to explore surreal beauty and indulge in camping activities. Camping ensures uninterrupted beauty in its gory. This activity is indeed fun-filled, adventurous and a must-do during the visit to Coorg. You can easily fine numerous camping packages within your budget.
- ATV Biking Adventure: Coorg is known to take immense pride in its terrain diversity. It is an ideal spot to ride the ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle). The experience is really exciting and thrilling and sure to offer you a high). It is located at Chevalara.
- Spice plantations: If you love spicy food and want to know how it is grown, then you can visit one of the spice plantations located in this region. Coorg is home to a few exotic spices produced in the Indian subcontinent. There are a variety of unadulterated spices sold in the market. This means, you can grab a few of the fresh spices produced here for your home or to gift to your friends or colleagues. They are sure to be impressed. The city’s main markets do have plenty of spice sellers selling their wares.
- The Elephant Camp: South Indian Elephant camps are quite popular among domestic and foreign tourists. This is something you need to experience in Coorg. One such place that needs special mention is Dubare Elephant Camp. You can have some fun here like wildlife safari, elephant rides, etc. The other exciting activities to indulge in at the camp are wildlife spotting and nature walks, etc. This camp is located at Kushalanagar.
- Trekking: You can unravel the true beauty of this place by trekking on foot. This destination is nestled among the majestic Western Ghats and is blessed with beautiful natural gifts. Reaching deep into the surroundings is how you can explore the beauty of this place and enjoy what nature has on offer. There are different types of treks offered here for all types and ages of people. You can try Kumara Parvatha Trek, Nishani Motte Trek, etc.
- Jeep Trailing: Madikeri is a beautiful place, the lengths and breadths of which you can explore. You can get to view the beautiful sunsets and the jungle along with the wild animals in its natural habitats. You should take a jeep ride and explore the place. You also have the option to visit Mandalpatti, considered to be a popularly emerging destination among tourists. These drives, during sunsets are found to become truly mystical. They are indeed an experience that you can remember and cherish for a lifetime. The Jeep trail takes you to Stuart Hill.
- River Rafting: If you love thrilling adventures, then white water rafting is a must try in Barapole River. It is considered to be among the city’s deadliest spots to move on a raft. It is for this reason, this particular spot is gaining popularity as a hotspot among river rafting enthusiasts.
- Madikeri Fort: Once you complete your jeep trail, you can plan to visit Madikeri fort. It is among the popular attractions here in Coorg and a must-have in your itinerary. This fort boasts of having a commendable history that dates back to over 200 years. History buffs are likely to get excited with this place. You need to reach Stuart Hill to explore this fort.
- Plantation Walk: Coorg region is also known for its rich coffee and tea plantations that you should not miss during the trip, especially if you love having tea and/or coffee. You need to explore this place and find out how these beverages are grown. You can take a walk inside the plantation and get to see the locals working. To complete the plantation tour will take about 3 to 4 hours that is likely to leave you fully exhausted. But the experience derived will be worth the try.
- Mountain Biking: Coorg is blessed with an amazing terrain that is just perfect to go for mountain biking activity. It is indeed fun and ensures providing you with a beautiful view of the beautiful destination along with its astounding landscapes. You are sure to derive that magical adrenalin rush. Several resorts in the region offer tourists with mountain biking activity.
- Micro Flight flying: If you love adventure sports and flying just like a bird to glide over the mesmerizing landscapes of Coorg, then you should try out micro flight flying. You can enjoy the hand glider and have a great experience that can be shared with others back home. This flight is just perfect for two people and takes you at a height of about 5,000 ft. above ground level. However, it is meant only for those who are strong at heart. To engage in this activity, you have to visit Ponnampet.
- Tibetan Golden Temple: This distinguished structure describes significant beauty. This also includes its surrounding and ambiance. The Namdroling Monastery is located within the heart of the beautiful Tibetan settlement and is well-known for its piousness and magnanimous statues. For monks, there is a school, residence constructed within the premises. Also is present a souvenir shop. It is located at Bylakuppe.
You can choose coorg homestay within your budget and enjoy your trip tremendously.