Lanolin Ointment is widely used by women’s who have given birth to a baby recently. The pain and discomfort caused by dry, painful, cracked nipples can be relieved with HPA Lanolin. Because lanolin is hypoallergenic and safe for your baby, there is no need to wash it off your breasts before breastfeeding.
The pain and discomfort caused by dry, painful, cracked nipples can be relieved with HPA Lanolin. Because lanolin is hypoallergenic and safe for your baby, there is no need to wash it off your breasts before breastfeeding.
It is also used for the treatment of various skin diseases and inflammation because it has high hydrating properties that repairs and increase skin healing.
- The first thing you should know is that pesticides can enter lanolin-based nipple gels and lotions in two different ways. It all starts with sheep because lanolin is produced by their sebaceous glands.
- Lanolin is an animal-based substance that contains 100 per cent cholesterol and is derived from sheep that graze on pesticide-treated grass.
- Sheep are frequently sprayed with a parasite-prevention pesticide. This substance is absorbed by the sheep’s wool and oil glands. The wool is taken to a special chemical scouring wash after the sheep are sheared to separate the lanolin from the wool.
- Lanolin is concentrated and supplied to a wide range of companies that make lotions, ointments, and cosmetics after it has been processed.
- Several investigations have shown that residual pesticides can be found in lanolin-containing products, despite purification by the manufacturers.
- This means that purified lanolin will almost certainly contain residual pesticides from both the wool and the grass that the sheep feed.
- As a result, when a new mother uses lanolin-based products to breastfeed, her baby may be exposed to trace levels of these hazardous compounds. Furthermore, some women are allergic to wool and will react to lanolin-based products.
Pregnant women should be very careful while using new products as they could irritate the skin and other body parts and cause other issues.
It’s obvious every pregnant lady will get sore breasts and dryness in the skin but be careful in choosing the nipple cream considering its effectiveness, smell and ingredients.
Lanolin ointment has numerous benefits in treating skin issues such as treating inflammation, diaper rashes, burning skin and many more.
It can be a great product in winter to cure dry and cracked heels and lips.
Generally, the lanolin ointment is almost safe for mother and baby, but to be on the safer side, apply only on the external parts of the skin. Consult an expert for the suggestion for the best lanolin cream. If skin irritation occurs then consult the expert immediately.
Breastfeeding is one of the most rewarding aspects of motherhood, but it may also be a source of stress if the feeding routine is difficult owing to damaged or sore nipples. Always invest in the best quality Nipple Cream NZ to prevent future issues.
Hope you found the above information useful and helpful during your motherhood stage. Drop your health tips to be careful during pregnancy and breastfeeding in the comment box.