FPSC (Federal Public Service Commission) announced various vacancies in a consolidated Avert. No. 1/2021 on 05 February 2021. The various government job vacancies were announced from PayScale Bs-16 to BS-19. The indenting candidates were able to apply for the relevant posts up to 22nd February 2021 on the official FPSC website.
In the official advertisement, FPSC announced jobs for Senior Auditor in case no. F.4-18/2021-R (1/2021). The candidates applying for the post of Senior Auditor will be recruited temporarily but are expected to become permanent in the Pakistan Military Accounts department in the ministry of defence.
Test Pattern of FPSC Senior Auditor Test
The test for senior auditor will be MCQs based comprising of 100 marks. However, it will be comprised on two main parts.
- English (20% weightage)
- Professional Test (80% weightage)
Syllabus of FPSC Senior Auditor
Since the senior auditor test will be objective type test and will be based on two main sections. The syllabus for them will be as follow.
Part 1: English Syllabus
- Grammar Usage
- Composition and sentence structuring
- Preposition and completing the sentences.
Part 2: Professional Test Syllabus
- Accounting principles and & procedures
- Scrutiny of record for audit purpose
- Ledger & Cash Book Annual budget
- Adjustment & Depreciation
- Financial Planning & Cost Accounting
- Head of accounts
- Re-appropriation of accounts & supplementary grant
- Settlement of audit objections
- Preparation of pension documents
- Public Procurement Rules
Eligibility Criteria for FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16)
According to Case No.F.4-18/2021-R (1/2021) the candidates applying for the senior auditor (BS-16) are expected to meet the following criterium:
Minimum Qualification: Second Class or Grade ‘C’ Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance/Accounting)/Commerce/Economics/Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent from a University recognized by HEC. Or ICMA Operational Level Certificate from ICMA after graduation.
Age Limit: 20-28 Years (plus 05 years of general relaxation in upper age limit)
Maximum age limit as prescribed under the recruitment rules shall be relaxed in pursuance of initial appointment to civil posts (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit) Rules, 1993 (as amended from time to time).
Application Procedure & General Instructions
The applications must be submitted online through FPSC’s website.
- Candidates fulfilling the requirements can apply through website. They may edit the application only once within the closing date to rectify any error/omission.
- Candidates should deposit a fee of Rs.300
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for test/interview as per policy of the commission contained in para-16 (A, B&C) of general instructions.
- Experience from firms/companies/institutions/organizations/banks/NGOs will be accepted if these are well-known (nationally/internationally), are registered with proper registration number and incorporated with concerned government department/offices.
Vacancies for FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16)
The total number of vacancies for Senior Auditor are 407 from all over anywhere in Pakistan. Following is the breakdown:
- Domicile/Quota: Merit: 30 vacancies
- Punjab 203 vacancies (Open Merit: 173, Women Quota: 20. Minorities/Non-Muslim Quota: 10)
- Sindh (Rural): 46 vacancies (Open Merit: 40, Women Quota: 4, Minorities/Non-Muslims Quota: 2)
- Sindh (Urban): 32 vacancies (Open Merit: 26, Women Quota: 4, Minorities/Non-Muslims Quota: 2)
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 47 vacancies (Open Merit: 40, Women Quota: 4, Minorities/Non-Muslims Quota: 3)
- Balochistan: 25 vacancies (Open Merit: 22, Women Quota: 2, Minorities/Non-Muslims Quota: 1)
- Ex-FATA: 12 vacancies (Open Merit: 10, Women Quota: 1, Minorities/Non-Muslims Quota: 1)
- Gilgit-Baltistan: 4 vacancies (Open Merit: 3, Women Quota: 1)
- Azad Jammu & Kashmir: 8 Vacancies (Open Merit: 7, Women Quota: 1)
Test Date for FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16)
The test will tentatively be held from 1st August 2021 onwards. In case of limited number of candidates, the test can also be conducted earlier. The candidates are suggested to keep visiting FPSC website for updates.
Resources for FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16) Preparation
- Senior Auditor Guide
Candidates can prepare for the test with a guidebook which is according to the senior auditor syllabus 2021 by Dogar Books. The book is specifically made for the senior auditor posts in military accounts. Prominent features of this book are:
- Topic wise MCQs.
- Covers all the syllabus of Senior Auditor.
- Has original solved papers for ample practice.
- Practice Tests to judge your preparation.
- Includes 2 Grand Tests
- Public Procurement Regulatory Authority
Candidates can download Public Procurement Rules 2004 from the official website of PPRA. The test for FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16) will have MCQs from the public procurement rules.
Sample Questions of FPSC Senior Auditor
- The asset that gives benefits to business for more than one year but not sees and touch is:
- Fixed Asset
- Tangible Asset
- Intangible Asset
- None of these
- A period for which accounting records are maintained, typically a year but can be as short as a month.
- Accounting Year
- Accounting Period
- Both A & B
- None of above
- Which of the following calculates a sole traders’ net profit for a period?
- Closing net assets + drawings – capital introduced – opening net assets.
- Closing net assets – drawings + capital introduced – opening net assets.
- Closing net assets – drawings – capital introduced – opening net assets.
- Closing net assets + drawings + capital introduced – opening net assets.
- Sold office equipment for cash $275 was wrongly recorded as cash debited by $275 but sales credited by $275 instead of office equipment is.
- Errors of commission
- Errors of omission
- Error of principle
- None of above
- If a production changes to 1,200 units, the total variable costs and fixed cost will be:
- $17.50 & $2.50
- $14.58 & $2.50
- $17.50 & $3.00
- $14.58 & $3.00