Moving interstate becomes challenging if you are not well prepared for it. With so many tasks to handle in such a short amount of time, you have to ensure that everything is carefully planned and well thought of. One way to achieve success in your move is to make removals services London checklist. This, in turn, helps in making it easy for you to prioritise important things and make sure nothing gets overlooked or lost along the way.
Keeping this in mind, below is a comprehensive list of to-do tasks that you can follow so that your entire move is made within time and budget.
Important Things You Need To Do A Week Before Moving
You are left with 7 days before your big move, and now you are wondering what you need to do in this span of time. This makes the perfect time to confirm your accommodation and travel arrangements. Also, those household appliances that are rarely used, such as BBQ grills, lawnmowers and much more. Other things that you need to consider are:
1. Get all of your clothes dry-cleaned before you pack them.
2. Throw off all the unwanted items or donate them to a charity.
3. Get familiar with the new area such as local malls, petrol stations, schools and hospitals.
4. Keep all of your important documents like medical records, passports, IDs and birth certificates in a secure place.
5. Inform your neighbours that you are moving. For some neighbours, these relocations can be disturbing, and they are going to appreciate it if you let them know beforehand.
6. Conduct your research and hire a team of professional removalists who are both experienced and skilled. The reason is the removalist you hire makes a huge difference in terms of how much smooth an entire moving process go.
Checklist By House Movers London
Things to do a day before moving
1. Only a day left before your move, and this implies that you need to make some last-minute checks. The ideal way is that you need to have everything organised at this point. However, there are some things that cannot be completed until the last minute. Make sure that you have completed every step of the to-do list. So you can sit back, enjoy and relax. This gives you a much-needed break before your big day.
2. Check your moving boxes and make sure that all of them are properly sealed and correctly labelled. Take precious items with you. This can include cash, jewellery, vital documents and tickets that you need for your move.
3. Clean your garbage bins and throw the rubbish away. Don’t forget to empty your pantry as well.
4. Pack all of your necessary items in a separate box, such as tissue paper, bedsheets, towels and toiletries.
5. Your refrigerator and freezer needs to be empty, defrost and dry. Afterwards, wipe it with a natural deodoriser.
6. Disconnect all the hoses that are connected to your appliances, such as the washing machine and the dishwasher. All hoses need to be drained before you turn off the taps as this make sure no excess water remains.
7. Disconnect your entertainment systems like your TVs, stereo systems and video game consoles.
8. You need to be at home to supervise the moving process, or you can assign someone you trust to perform the supervision in your absence.
9. Take out the remote garage opener from your car and attach it to the main house keys.
10. Have a good and restful sleep before your long trip ahead.
Informing people about your move
Before your moving day, it is essential that you inform the key people about your new address. It is a normal way to provide early notice. It is because you save yourself from making late transactions that can make your move complex. So the people include are:
1) Telephone and internet service providers.
2) Gas, water, and electricity suppliers.
3) Financial lenders, credit card institutions, and banks.
4) Taxation office
5) Electoral commission
6) Insurance companies like car, health, home, and pet insurance.
7) The driver registration authority about your new home.
8) Your dentist and doctor
9) Gyms and social clubs
10) Magazine subscriptions
11) Local cable television provider
12) Your children’s schools.
13) Your local solicitor
14) Retirement pension provider
15) Your veterinary clinic that has your pet’s records
16) Your local newspaper delivery service
17) Local services/tradespeople – lawnmowers, cleaners, and babysitters should be notified.
Other things to keep in mind
Once you have completed your whole checklist, there isn’t much left except to keep few things in mind. If you plan to take your car with you, you need to empty the interior and trunk. You cannot load things in it to move as well. Always remember that shipping car companies will refuse to transport your car if there are contents present inside the car except for standard manufacturers items such as carjack or spare tyres.
Moreover, you need to go over your budget and make sure that everything is within it. You need to calculate your expenses cautiously because food, transportation and accommodation can exceed your budget limit. In terms of shifting, your hired house movers London can give you the best guidance depending on the distance of the move. For further info visit Hello Movers.