WHAT IS FAMILY DENTISTRY?
Family dentistry is a dental practice that deals with oral care and health for all stages of life. Family dentists are trained to work with children and teenagers. They have a lot of experience working with this age group. Some general dentists also double as family dentists.
Children have different oral needs and health care compared to adults. Family dentists are trained to deliver the appropriate and unique oral practices for children. They understand that children may be reluctant to go to the dental office and often have a gentle approach that helps children develop great oral hygiene. They also take care of oral health from infancy to adulthood.
THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A FAMILY DENTIST
- Customized treatment plans are great, for developing a unique dental treatment plan, according to your dental problems, such as misalignment or wisdom tooth removal.
- It eliminates the need for having multiple dentists; Having a family dentist means having one dentist for the entire family. That means you do not have to go to different dental offices or dental checkups for all your family members.
- More convenient to schedule; Family dentists usually have a lifelong dental appointment plan for the family. They also take late appointments to match the needs of the family members.
- Dental issues can be avoided; With frequent trips to the family dentist. Many dental issues, such as misalignment, cavities, etc.,are diagnosed and treated on time.
- Great oral care;Family dentists advise their patients on the best oral hygiene and practices.
- Oral care education; Family dentists educate parents on teeth cleaning practices for themselves or their children.
DUTIES OF A FAMILY DENTIST
The following are the common duties performed by a family dentist;
- Regular tooth cleaning and checkups
- Treatment of gum infections and other dental issues.
- Orthodontic assessments.
- Fluoride and sealant therapy.
FAMILY DENTISTRY IN HAMILTON
Family dentists in Hamilton are among the best. They are several dental offices/clinics that offer this option. Appointments can also be booked online.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to a dental practice that focuses on improving teeth, gums, and alignment issues. It focuses on improving the color, size, and alignment of the teeth. Cosmetic dentists help their patients achieve a better smile, which helps to boost confidence. Some procedures done by cosmetic dentists include teeth whitening, tooth alignment, etc.
There are two fields of cosmetic dentistry;
- Prosthodontics, which is also known as prosthetic dentistry or dental prosthetics.
- Orthodontics, which deals with diagnosing and correcting Misaligned teeth.
TYPES OF COSMETIC DENTISTRY PROCEDURES
- Composite bonding; This is a dental procedure used to replace decayed or damaged teeth. Teeth-colored material, usually made out of plastic, is bonded to the teeth.
- Teeth Whitening; This is the use of teeth whitening products or bleaching to lighten the color of the teeth.
- Dental implants; Thisuses biocompatible metals, such as titanium or ceramics, to replace missing teeth.
- Dental veneers; These are made from ceramic and are removable. They are custom-made and are made to go over natural teeth. They are used to fix dental issues such as crooked or cracked teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays; They are used to fill decayed or damaged teeth. They are usually made from gold or porcelain.
BENEFITS OF COSMETIC DENTISTRY
- It Improvesoverall confidence; Cosmetic dentistry helps the general appearance of teeth by correcting the color and fixing crooked smiles. This helps to improve self-confidence.
- It improves dental health; Cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance of teeth and may help resolve certain dental issues, such as tooth decay.
- Strengthens the teeth; With procedures such as inlays and outlays. More strength is provided to help bite our food.
TIPS FOR FINDING A GREAT COSMETIC DENTIST
- Recommendations from family and friends.
- Price range.
- Location of the dental office.
- Read reviews about the dental office or dentist.
- Look at before and after pictures.
- Do your research.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST COSMETIC DENTIST IN HAMILTON
There are several cosmetic dentists in Hamilton that are very good at what they do. There are several cosmetic dental clinics with very affordable prices. Booking an appointment is so easy due to the use of the Internet. Book yourself an appointment today!