A dental emergency is a matter relating to teeth and the supporting tissues of higher importance that need to be treated by the relevant professional. Dental emergencies do not always include pain, although it is the basic signal that some issues need to be looked at. In a dental emergency, the clinician will determine the likely cause and treatment of the issue depending upon the pain experienced by the person.
Dental emergencies can range from fungal, bacterial, or viral infections to dental restoration or fracture of the tooth, each requiring different treatment based on the situation. Most dentists set aside time for emergency dental services other than regular office hours. Some kind of emergency denture repairs in Beaconsfield that needs immediate attention is:
- Cracked, chipped or fractured teeth.
- Loose tooth.
- Knocked out tooth.
- Tooth out of alignment.
- Tissue injury.
- Facial pain.
- Other dental emergencies.
Reasons, when it is important to seek professional help for denture repair services, are:
- Maintenance of poor oral hygiene.
- Dental cavities.
- An injury due to playing any sports.
- Advanced disease in gum.
- Poor lifestyle habits like consumption of cigarettes etc.
However, all dental issues cannot be categorized as a dental emergency. Re-cementing a crown where there is no longer any pain or smoothing a chipped tooth or composite bonding to repair a tooth cannot be termed as a dental emergency. To categorize a dental issue as an emergency one, certain questions need to be considered:
- Severe pain
- Any bleeding from the mouth.
- Any swelling in the mouth or facial area.
- Any loose tooth.
- Any swelling, bulges, or knot on the gum.
- Hit on the face or mouth which results in some abnormalities.
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then you might be having a dental emergency and should contact a doctor as soon as possible. You need to seek professional help for dental repair. Having damaged teeth is not only uncomfortable but it also can add hosts of problems which can be as serious as speech difficulties or poor oral health.
- All dentures will require repair at any point whether due to a loose tooth or breaking of the tooth. Postponing a visit to the dentist may likely aggravate the issue and may need a complete denture replacement. This will cost a lot more money than seeking regular denture repair.
- Dealing with cracked, loosened, or fractured teeth as soon as the damage occurs may reduce oral health care costs.
- Broken dentures are harmful to oral health in a way such as:
- Reduction of bone density in the jaw.
- Misalignment of remaining teeth.
- Difficulty in biting and chewing.
- Unappealing to the eye.
- Ill fitted and loose denture not only affects the appearance of a smile but also can cause:
- Stomach problems for not being able to chew food.
- Sore spots in the mouth.
- Pain in the gum.
- Denturists may also determine if replacement teeth require any cleaning, polishing, or realigning thereby leading to better oral healthcare, removing any stains or discoloration resulting in better facial appearance and an improvement in speech.
A dental emergency can happen at any time and any place. The best thing is to be prepared and not panic. Always keep a small dental first aid kit containing all emergency stuff and the contact number of the dentist for an emergency.
Denture World can be the perfect option for you to opt for emergency denture repairs in Maidenhead. So, schedule your appointment with quick and efficient denture repair service to ensure an effective service. Feel free to contact us!