Have you recently noticed that some sites, despite being heavy, load and navigate faster? Despite changing your ISP multiple times, are you just not able to achieve that optimal speed for your website?
Well, maybe, it’s time you went a little further and reviewed your web hosting platform.
This might come as a surprise to you. even if you have chosen a dedicated server, yet, your visitors can go through slow page loading time. This is because you have chosen the wrong storage drive. The two types of storages available – SSD and HDD, have multiple differences with SSD leading to more advantages. This makes SSD hosting much more reliable than web hosting. Let’s get to know more about SSD hosting-
What is SSD hosting?
SSD i.e. Solid State Drive is a storage drive that does not have any moving parts. Although HDDs are budget-friendly SSDs are worth the cost. When it comes to resilience and reliability, HDD is nowhere close to SSD. SSDs are also low at latency and load the files for your visitors much faster.
Like a computer, your web server can also be combined with an SSD drive and such a hosting type is known as SSD hosting. You get the same benefits when the files of your website are stored on an SSD drive. Improved efficiency is recorded instantly due to surprisingly fast search results.
For good results, SSD drives are generally integrated with a VPS or dedicated server. Such a combination further ensures features like databases with intensely high performance, on-time caching, and world-class accessibility.
Why SSD hosting is preferred for applications with heavy databases?
Once a site starts to experience traffic, the storage drive starts getting multifold concurrent I/O requests.
When the peak of such traffic touches it becomes difficult for your storage drive to recall concerning information from the database. This is a very regular occurrence when your server runs on traditional storage drives with spinning disks. These spinning disks pose mechanical restraints and physical limitations that restrict the amount of information that can be transmitted at the same time.
The role of SSD drives then comes into the picture. As there are no moving parts in the SSD, the only factor that can restrict the information to reach them can be the network. This way SSD drives guarantee availability of data 24*7 and thus outperforms HHDs in every sense.
What are the benefits of SSD hosting over normal web hosting?
Till now we have surely established the fact that SSDs are faster than their fellow storage drive HDD. But computing and hosting demand more than just speed. SSD hosting comes with some added advantages that make it the most suitable hosting of all times.
The growth of your business depends a lot on the Google ranking of your website nowadays. SSD hosting helps in improving the rank of your website. Many other factors together make up the Google ranking and SSD hosting takes care of all.
Let’s go through the other advantages of SSD hosting-
- Reliability– When we talk about resilience, SSD drives have emerged out to be a clear winner. Due to the absence of moving parts, the vulnerability of physical shocks reduces significantly. Therefore, there is reduced risk of data loss and improved reliability. This in turn expedites the website operation.
- Power– When we compare the power consumption of HDDs and SSDs, HDDs consume 15 times more power than a regular SSD drive., Whereas SSDs have record of consuming lesser power than other storage drives, it enables the hosting services to reduce the overheads.
- Durability– Even the world’s best HDD can extend its service up to only 3-5 years. On the other hand, SSD storage is much more durable and lasts approximately 4 times longer than any HDD. Though SSDs do not cease to perform with the same efficiency and efficacy, it is suggested that storage drives service time must not be pushed to their specific breaking points.
- Environment friendly– As SSDs ask for very low power consumption, it indirectly contributes a lot to the subject of eco-friendliness. Web hosting companies have also realized this impact and make maximum use of SSDs to conserve resources. According to a study, if all the servers are migrated to SSD storage then carbon footprint will extremely cut down.
- Incomparable latency– HDDs have lost all trust when it comes to data retrieval. Two factors that have worsened the reputation of HDDs in terms of latency are its rotational latency and the seek time that it takes to find the data on the drive. Well, SSDs are a one-stop solution for all these problems. SSD drives the same data 20 times faster than HDD without compromising its quality or quantity.
All of these benefits associated with SSD drives come consolidated within SSD hosting service. Thus, SSD hosting will turn out to be the best hosting plan by enhancing website performance and user experience simultaneously.
If you face a problem in deciding the type of storage option for your server, then contact us for assistance. We will together come up with the best decision keeping your business needs and budget constraints in mind.